Callies - Automotive - U17171 - Chevrolet - LSX - Ultra Series - Connecting Rods
Ultra connecting rods are made entirely in the U.S.A. Every Ultra connecting rod is produced from specially formulated Timken 4330V steel. This material is then precision forged in Michigan and fully machined in our Fostoria, Ohio facility.
Many geometric nuances have been incorporated into the design of Ultra connecting rods. These design features enhance the Ultra against specific loads and stresses which are applied to connecting rods subjected to high load, high RPM applications. Ultra connecting rods are fastened by high alloy cap screws made specifically for severe duty service by ARP Inc. Produced with rolled threads, these unique bolts offer improved thread engagement for a smoother more consistent net clamping load. To eliminate deformation and extrusion only AMS 642 bronze alloy is used within the wrist pin housing bore.
Ultra I-Beams are available in our standard weight version for extreme duty racing applications of popular Big Block Chevy, Small Block Chevy, Chevy LS, Big Block Ford, Small Block Ford, RY45, Ford Modular, Nissan GTR, Buick 3.8, as well as lightweight versions for select SBC configurations. For superior clamping, a bolt upgrade to MP 3.5 material is available for all Callies I-Beam connecting rods.
- Brand: Callies Performance
- Manufacturer's Part Number: U17171
- Product Type: Callies Automotive Connecting Rods
- Product Line: Callies Ultra Connecting Rods
- Fitment: Chevrolet LS / Gen V LT1 & LT4
- Connecting Rod Beam Style: I-beam
- Length (mm): 6.125
- Housing Bore (in): 2.100
- Pin Diameter (mm): 0.927
- Big End Width (in): 0.940
- Pin End Width (in): 0.988
- Bolt Size (in): 7/16
- Connecting Rod Bolt Material: L19 alloy
- Gram Weight: 662
- Quantity: Sold as a Set
- Notes: Custom pistons required when using connecting rods with custom wrist pin diameter and longer than stock length