CP-Carrillo - MX1026 - 450cc - Yamaha - YFZ450 - Piston and Ring Kits
CP-Carrillo offers two kinds of 4 stroke : standard “M” kits and “MX” kits. The main difference between these parts is that the MX kits are a fully boxed style part with skirt coating. These pistons took about 2 years to develop – it actually started with Ricky Carmichael. These MX kits will come standard with DLC.
CP Piston M piston kits are available for your powersports applications. These kits include the piston, pin, locks, and rings. CP Pistons use X-forgings to minimize friction and weight without compromising strength. Double pin oilers add twice the amount of oil from the cylinder wall to the wrist pin. Radiused domes are used to maximize quench, while eliminating possible hot spots that promote detonation. CP Piston M piston kits have a V-shaped groove machined into the second ring to collect excess blowby between the top and second rings. This groove is known as the accumulator groove.
- Brand: CP-Carrillo
- Manufacturer's Part Number: MX1026
- Part Type: Powersports Piston and Ring Kits
- Product Line: CP Pistons MX Piston Kits
- Fitment: 2004-2013 Yamaha YFZ450 - 2009-2018 YFZ450R
- Engine Type: 450cc
- Bore (mm): 95.00
- Compression Ratio: 13.25:1 YFZ450 / 13.50 YFZ450R
- Piston Material: Forged aluminum
- Wrist Pin Style: Floating
- Top Ring Material: Steel
- Top Ring Facing Material: Gas nitrided
- Second Ring Material: Cast iron
- Second Ring Facing Material: Cast iron
- Oil Ring Material: Nitride coated stainless steel
- Gaskets Included: No
- Gaskets Part Number: C3066-EST
- Connecting Rods Included: No
- Quantity: Sold as a kit.